Thursday, August 15, 2013

When Time Stands Still...

When you are running a race, or say...waiting to get to France, TIME moves slowly...


  
When you realize your daughter is starting kindergarten and your"baby" is two, TIME flies...


When you are trying to get your kids to school on time or finish a project, there is never enough TIME...



 And then every once in a while, TIME just stands still.  

For me, that happened last week when my dad went to the dr for some pain that he was having while running.  What we thought to be no big deal turned into an unexpected triple bypass surgery.  My dad is a healthy guy.  He has always been conscious of what he eats and how much he exercises because of the heart disease that runs in his family.  His father died of a heart attack in his early 40's before I was born.  Even though we knew the family history, we were still in shock when we heard the news.  For the week that my dad was in the hospital, all I could think about was how I could help as we prayed through the surgery and recovery.  I still took my kids to school and did some of the every day activities, but with a different mindset.  I was thankful for every moment, every time I got to visit with my parents at the hospital, the time I got to spend with my sisters and close friends who came to help, the fact that I was still here in the United States to be with my family during this time.  I am always praying for God's timing even though I am usually secretly hoping that His timing will match up with my plans.  This past week, I was helpless to trust that God was taking care of us through this and any other "crisis" that we might face.  He gave me a glimpse of His sovereignty in keeping us here a bit longer.  He reminded me of the importance of taking life one day at a time.



My dad is doing much better and recovering well at home now.  I am thankful that God is in control and I am not.  I am praying that I will continue to trust Him and His sovereignty TIME and TIME again.

Thankful in the Journey!
Eucharisteo :)





No comments:

Post a Comment